Fat Loss Herbs: Weight gain and obesity are a rising concern today. Though genetics and hormonal fluctuations do contribute to weight gain, other causes include inactivity, unhealthy diet or eating habits, lack of sleep, excessive stress and certain medications.
Increase in weight can lead to many health issues like high cholesterol, Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, strokes, sleep apnea, liver disease and osteoarthritis.
Along with proper diet and regular exercise, there are some fat loss herbs, vitamins and minerals that can help you lose weight quickly and effectively. By making them a part of your diet you can shed off those extra ponds in no time and the natural way.
13 Fat Loss Herbs
- Green Tea: Green tea helps boost metabolism, thus enabling you to burn more calories. Green tea’s effect is intensified with the addition of caffeine.
- Cayenne: Capsaicin, an ingredient in cayenne, causes weight loss. This ingredient has the ability to help your body break down fat and help prevent the development of fat cells in your body.
- Vitamin B-12: Vitamin B-12 converts fat into energy. B-12 is present in lean meats, fish and eggs and fortified cereals.
- Calcium: Food rich in calcium also help in obesity reduction. Low calcium can cause fat cells to accumulate more fat, while higher calcium reverses this process.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is required by the body to absorb calcium. The sun along with certain foods is abundant with vitamin D.
- Licorice Root: Licorice root also aids in reducing body fat. It can be enjoyed as a tea, but should not be consumed for more than a week without doctor supervision.
- Iodine: Iodine assists in regulating thyroid function. Since thyroid disorder leads to excessive weight gain, balancing your thyroid can help you lose extra weight.
- Kelp: Kelp is also useful in regulating your thyroid and boosting your metabolism.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon boosts metabolism and balances blood sugar. This results in effective weight loss.
- Ginger: Ginger consumption increases the thermal effect of food and promotes feelings of satiety. This leads to reduced need for unnecessary snacking and compulsive eating. Moreover, ginger improves digestion and boosts your metabolism.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains Cur-cumin, its most active ingredient which helps increase the flow of bile. This is necessary to break down fat. Further, it also improves insulin resistance as well as treats inflammatory symptoms due to obesity and metabolic disorders.
- Hibiscus: Hibiscus is full of nutrients, flavonoids and various minerals which are great in lowering the body’s absorption of fats and carbohydrates. Also, its diuretic nature helps you shed water weight.
- Dandelion: Dandelion is a wonderful herb for overweight people. It contains phytochemicals, which give it diuretic and laxative properties. These phytochemicals increase the volume and frequency of urination, getting rid of water weight effectively. Furthermore, dandelion also helps to normalize blood sugar, remove toxins from the body, suppress appetite and fight inflammation.